Sex_and_spirituality

Apr 30, 1998 01:23 AM
by K. Zaitzev

Sex and Spirituality

     Hello!

Mon, 27 Apr 1998 M K Ramadoss <ramadoss@eden.com> wrote:

R> (Leadbeater)Theosophy (and ES)followers are firm believers in the "theory"
R> that with sex you cannot progress spiritually, in spite of all the

 It isn't Leadbeater's invention. Blavatsky wrote that "in practical
occultism all sexual contacts are prohibited". But most of so called
followers, as Bailey, Roerich, Prophet, Lomborg - were all married.
  They & their followers say that now times has changed & sex is
allowed now.

R> undisputed allegations about Leadbeater on sex matters. (Some Leadbeater
R> followers try to clear him by saying that he was never convicted and
R> hence in "our" system of justice, a man is innocent until proven guilty.)
 In "Letters of masters of wisdom" vol.I K.H. warns Leadbeater that because
he is a priest, he may yield karma of that "caste". So it makes me suspect
that convictions against Leadbeater could be false, as those made by other
priests against Blavatsky.

R> However, to the surprise and shock of traditionalists, Krishnaji
R> propounded a totally revolutionary viewpoint on this important issue.
  It isn't revolutionary. This viewpoint existed long ago and some
people who never read neither K., nor ABB followers came to this
opinion by themselves. Arjuna had a wife, everyone knows it. So K.
didn't create smth. new, he simply joined the opposite party which
always existed.

R> [As an aside, it should be remembered that Krishnaji to a large extent
R> responsible for Radha Burnier running for the office of International
 As Russian (and maybe French) rhyme says,
    "The cuckoo praises a cock for his praising a cuckoo"

R> And he [K] never "presented" himself as being celibate. According to the
 Did he ever mentioned, had he a sex himself?
Maybe he is simply theoretical?

>So sex becomes the one issue which is our very own, which is not
>second-hand. And in the act of sex there is a forgetting of oneself,
>one's problems and one's fears. In that act there is no self at all."

  He always said what people wanted to hear from him, so in it lies
the secret of his popularity. Similiarly of Osho Rajnish & others of
that kind. Anyway, what other he could recommend, if he denied existence
of any kind of soul and explaned all the psychic activity by action of
the brain cells? It's natural for lokayata.
  It seems to me that even he ever was a disciple, he failed. Maybe the
test was to difficult for him. For example, Buddha lived in a palace
and it was a probation for him, but Krishnamurti got a more sophisticated
one. He was said: you're long awaited messiah, the world teacher will
talk through you! And he catched the bait and played a part of a great
teacher. Only when he was 33 he understood that something is wrong.
Of course he got angry on the teachers who played with him that joke
and continued without them. Btw, Lutyens writes that K. ceased his
trust to Masters when they didn't heal his brother Nitya.

   I think that Krishnamurti was the greatest CWL's mistake, much worse
than his sexual affairs. Impurity of one, even leading TS member doesn't
mean a thing at all, but Krishnamurti destroyed the work of many years
and converted TS from a newage locomotive to mere club of amateurs of the
occult.

Returning to sex, I think that many arguments pro are collected in
"Sex & marriage", the digest from several Bailey books.

BTW, have anyone of you read "Disciple's mirror", a book written down
by Brigit Lomborg? Is it popular among the western theosophists?
That book states that sex is not prohibited, and moreover, recommended
for the disciples. An author, who declared himself to be that Tibetan
who wrote Bailey books, stated that an experiment with the groups of
disciples has failed because humanity isn't developed enough, so hie-
rarchy tried an experiment with the least possible group - a pair.
One member of the pair is more developed (approx. one life ahead) and
leads another one. An author, whoever he could be, seems to me a very
informed person; our Roerich fans don't deny that though regard him
to be a black lodge emissar. Of course the book overviews different
questions, most of them have no obvious connection with a sex.