Re: HQ vs. lodges (re: Pam's comments)

Feb 20, 1998 05:31 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <34EE02C6.B1D40FB0@sprynet.com>, Bart Lidofsky
<bartl@sprynet.com> writes
>    In my opinion, Miami is fulfilling the 3 objects quite well. The only
>complaint based in fact that I have heard is that their traditional theosophical
>presentations tend not to attract audiences. My in-laws live near there, and,
>from
>the Miami Lodge, they had the impression that Theosophy was just a
>conglomeration
>of various "newage" disciplines. Yet, Theosophy can certainly be taught
>THROUGH
>other subjects (which is part of what I was trying to explain with the recent
>quotes from John Algeo supposedly subverting the purpose of the TS).

Errr ... I know of no requirement in the three objects that requires
theosophy per se to be *taught*.

The TI objectives *do* ask members to make a commitment to
*study* - but what they study is up to them.  That's a big difference.

Alan
---------
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL: Working for a New Age:
http://www.nellie2.demon.co.uk/
E-mail: TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk