Re: An Interesting Exchange

Jan 24, 1998 03:13 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <3.0.3.32.19980123214041.006962c0@mail.eden.com>,
M K Ramadoss <ramadoss@eden.com> writes
>One should carefully inquire as to what extent if, on TS policy or other
>matters if there is a conflict between what is told/expected of the ES
>member and the conscience of the member, can the member go along with the
>conscience. This may be an important consideration to some people who have
>grown up in the freedom environment of this country.

The letters of Helen Dennis of Chicago in 1908, who was secretary of
the ES at the time, and the conflicts which lead to her resignation from
both TS and ES are in the file CWL.ZIP on the website below.  These
letters only came to see the light of day in 1996.  Click via the
DIRECTORY link. (I have photocopies of some of them).

Alan
---------
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL: Working for a New Age:
http://www.nellie2.demon.co.uk/
E-mail: TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk