Re: Usage guidelines for ARCANA

Nov 19, 1997 10:06 AM
by John R. Crocker

>The only new argument against coming out into the open about how
>things are operating, that I've heard lately, runs something like this:
>"If you write a guideline about how theos-l operates you're
>externally imposing an authority on my freedom-loving soul that'll
>bring me to fight you or flee the list. But -- ha, ha! -- you can't
>because John Mead owns the list and would never let you!"

And your response to that argument runs something like this:
"No one is responding to me the way I think they should, they are not
talking about what I want them to talk about, so I'm going to pout, get
petty and vindictive, and characterize their responses as childish with a
dismissive tone of voice."

Just thought you might enjoy being being characterized as much as those you
characterize do. -JRC