Re: HPB and scientists

Sep 27, 1997 12:34 PM
by Vincent Beall

Drpsionic@aol.com wrote:

> >       We're rapidly getting to the point where experiments to prove new
> >theories in particle physics will require more energy than is available
> >in the measurable universe.
> >
> >       Bart Lidofsky
> >

> Very true.
>
> Chuck the Heretic

I don't think this is so true. It has been said that the search for
particles beyond quarks would require a super collider the size of the
solar system, and that would not in any way require the energy of the
universe. The funny thing about such research is that how would you know
that you have found the ultimate particle, and if found what exactly
would knowing that do for you. It seems that it isn't even possible to
have much of an idea of what particles are beyond what they do; what is
substance?

Vincent
--

vincent@dmv.com