Re: New Age defended

Sep 25, 1997 05:32 AM
by A. Safron

----------
> From: Dr. A.M.Bain <guru@nellie2.demon.co.uk>
> To: Multiple recipients of list <theos-l@vnet.net>
> Subject: Re: New Age defended
> Date: Wednesday, September 24, 1997 10:03 PM
>
> In message <199709241950.PAA13113@leo.vsla.edu>, "K. Paul Johnson"
> <pjohnson@leo.vsla.edu> writes
> >Last year someone here made a reference to "plebeian New Agers"
> >as a group that Theosophists had every right to look down on.
> >I think that conveys an all-too-prevalent attitude.  While
> >Theosophists are busy looking down on seekers, other more
> >welcoming groups are drawing them in.
>
> Many new-agers I have met *look down on Theosophy* - and the Adyar TS in
> particular.  Something to think about ....
>
> Alan

In any relationship, whatever it may be, parent to child, doctor to patient, boss to employee,
the
attitude of "looking down" is a losing proposition.  There will be always resentment on those
talked down to.  I have never gotten over the idea that one Theosophist printed in one of the
newsletters that "humanity would someday catch up with US." and that everything would be
hunky-
dory.  What a horrible thing to say about your brothers and sisters.  It can only mean that
those Theosophical individuals are actually insecure and must put themselves on a pedastel in
order to feel good about themselves.

A. Safron