Re: SD On Line

Sep 11, 1997 11:01 AM
by ramadoss

At 08:55 AM 9/11/97 -0400, ramadoss@eden.com wrote:
>Finally the magnum opus of HPB is On-line (1st instalment). I am sure HPB
>(whereever she is now) (and the Real Authors) will be delighted to see it
>available for "Free" on the Internet.
>
>At a time when every publisher is trying pryout every penny out of the
>readers, TUP should be congratulated on their leadership in this endeavor.
>Here is the full msg I picked up from theos-world.
>
>mkr
>
>PS: All other publishers of Theosophical Publications may want to follow the
>lead of TUP.

Several months ago, when I contacted another source (which I dont want to
identify) which I believe had access to the ML on an electronic medium was
silent to my suggestion about making it available in some form on the
Internet. This was before TUP put it on the web. The source I was in contact
was *not* TUP.

I think the lack of responsiveness may have been conflict between the issue
of sales of hard copy and free access on line. Now it is a moot point since
TUP has put ML on-line some time ago.

The above simply indicative of the way some view publication on the
Internet. But the way things are going, it is a juggernaut which is unstoppable.

All of us should be thankful for the labors of many who have helped to bring
the Theosophical Classics on-line.

MKR