Re: On the Left Hand....

Jul 28, 1997 09:49 PM
by Bart Lidofsky

JOSEPH PRICE wrote:

> I was browsing the web and lurked into some left hand path sites.  I never
> thought of it before, but it seem that Wicca/Witchcraft exalts the feminine,
> the earth mother and as such appeal to feminists and some men who need a
> feminine archetype to worship and Satanists exalt the masculine, at its worst
> as a male as selfish rapist and the women who love them??????

	You seem to be implying that Wicca is part of the left-hand path, which
is, as far as I know, and I know quite a bit, is not true. Also, the
Wiccan religion considers masculine and feminine to be of equal
importance. There are certainly groups who call themselves witches or
neo-pagans, or, sometimes, incorrectly, Wiccans, who exalt the female
over the male. And there are plenty of non-Satanist neo-pagans (and
Satanists do not consider themselves to be neo-pagan, and actually
follow a Blavatskian definition of Satanism) who concentrate on the
male, and a few radical groups that consider the other sex to be a mere
sperm-donors or womb-donors.

	In any case, the Wiccan religion, and, by and large, the neo-pagan
groups that followed them, are part of the new religions predicted by
the 1900 letter. There was a strong Theosophical influence at the base
of the Wiccan religion, and the neo-pagan movement (with the exception
of Asartu).

	Bart Lidofsky