Re: Folk Soul

Jul 28, 1997 06:24 PM
by A. Safron

----------
> From: Mark Kusek <mark@withoutwalls.com>
> To: Multiple recipients of list <theos-l@vnet.net>
> Subject: Re: Folk Soul
> Date: Monday, July 28, 1997 12:20 AM
>
> > Keith:  Oh, my dear, you are really getting into some heresy here!!! :0)
> > The idea of human group soul is anathema to the true believers.
>
> I have heard of this before and it makes sense to me. People, by and
> large, are not completely autonomous individuals. We all participate in
> group psychology at many levels; family, school, profession, church,
> community, nation, etc. We share and share alike. We build group thought
> and feeling forms, largely share common cultural values (conflicts
> notwithstanding), and get much of our socialization from these "clouds"
> of knowledge and attitude. Consciously or unconsciously, they impact us
> through our community and broadly through our "civilization". It happens
> subtly. It's one of the major factors that help to form our personality
> in childhood. We have connections with small and large groups of people
> in many different ways.

Cayce said that there were different kinds of group karma.  While there
is personal karma (according to EC), there was also family karma,
national karma, to name a few.

I've been involved with the LCC for 25 odd years now, and am just
beginning to realize the karma I have with that group and with the
the other people involved.  While I may have problems with some
of their old fashioned ways, I also have a deep love and karma
connection.

A. Safron