Electromag/occult law (Re: Egyptian 'djed')

Jul 27, 1997 06:06 PM
by techndex

At 05:11 AM 7/27/97 -0400, Gisele wrote:
>Hi Lynn!

(quoting me)

>>Eeek! This sounds almost like a form of "occult cannibalism". :-)   Now, by
>>Uraeus, do you mean the cobra and vulture worn by the pharoahs?
>
>Haha...  Yes, the cobra.  I didn't realize that the pharoahs wore a
>'vulture', however, according to Steiner, the vulture symbolizes the
>'astral'...

Hi Gisele,

The next time you happen to see a picture of Tutankhamen's funeral mask,
you'll see the head of the vulture to the left (*your* left, Tut's right)
of the cobra. However, if you happen to visit the Egyptian Museum's (Cairo)
Web site, it'll be on the right because they (of all people) posted a
reverse, right-left, image of it! ;-D

<friendly snip>

>>Personally, I do believe that electro-magnetic energy is a physical
>>correspondence to an occult law of attraction with a possible transition
>>zone between the inner and outer planes as lying in the realm of quantum
>>mechanics or quantum electrodynamics. Wow, I hope that didn't sound like
>>mere babbling. :-)
>
>What was that again? :-)

Ooops. ;-D In electromagnetism, opposite charges attract and like charges
repel each other. Thus electrons flow toward a positive charge while the
holes (positive charge) they left in the orbits of the atoms they escaped
flow in the opposite direction toward the negative source. (Actually, this
is oversimplified but you catch my drift. ;-D) With magnets, the north pole
repels the north pole of a nearby magnet but is attracted to the south pole
another magnet when placed nearby. So, you see the principles of attraction
and repulsion there. Oh, and before I forget... last night I had another
thought about electromagnetism and the number four. In an electromagnetic
wave front, the electrostatic field is polarized 90 degrees (one fourth of
a circle) with respect to the magnetic field. This also holds true for the
direction of current flow in a wire and the direction of the magnetic field
surrounding it.  But that may be really stretching this concept too far and
making a false correspondence. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. Or is it?
:-) (Wow, this could get into a whole thing about Occam's Razor and
esotericism, come to think of it.)

With the occult law of attraction, as I understand it, on lower planes it
manifests as attraction and repulsion because on these planes we're under
the mayic impression of duality. In spiritual terms, according to karma
yoga, attraction and repulsion to objects, people, ideas, etc. are both
karmically binding as there is a lack of total detachment from the three
worlds. (I was going to give this opinion in the thread we had a while back
on celibacy but didn't get around to it. I was going to say then that
celibacy is not necessarily spiritually liberating because it is a form of
repulsion against sex, not total detachment from it, which allows for
participation in it.) So, looking at it from the higher planes, it is the
dualistic manifestation of one principle, the law of attraction, IMHO. I
know this is way oversimplified.

When I spoke of the quantum level as possibly being a transition between
the physical plane and the inner planes, I was theorizing based on some of
the weird things that go on at the quantum level. For example, if you split
a polarized beam of light into photon pairs traveling some distance apart,
the photons will act identically as if they are somehow tied together (but
no one knows what this "linkage" is). This has been referred to by
physicists as action-at-a-distance. There was something recently in Science
Weekly (an electronic newsletter) about this (which didn't call it
action-at-a-distance, BTW) and if anyone is interested, I'll try to find
the article and email it to them. Equally weird is the Heisenberg
Uncertainty Principle where if you examine a relativistic particle or
system, the very act of measurement will affect it. For example, if you
measure its momentum, you change its position and vice versa. In this
respect, the observer or the instrumentation used by the observer affects
the system being observed, introducing an element of uncertainty into ones
knowledge of the values of other observables. In effect, the observer
becomes a part of the system being observed. This "relatedness" is why I
referred to the quantum level as a transition zone. :-) Of course, I can be
totally wrong and one day someone will be able to prove a physical plane
reason for this. The uncertainty principle, BTW, only applies to
relativistic systems where things are moving near the speed of light
(subatomic particles). You won't observe it if you measure the momentum of
a ball. But this idea didn't originate with me (spreading the blame if it's
wrong). The "Tao of Physics" by Fritzof Capra really goes into this. The
law of entropy (2nd law of thermodynamics) may be another "transition zone"
but I haven't heard anyone say that, so I'm just WILDLY conjecturing
here--on overdrive from reading too much physics and esotericism (or
because I haven't taken my medicine). ;-D

I'll respond to the rest of your post in another post since this one has
become pretty long. :-)

Lynn
Lynn Moncrief
(techndex@pacbell.net)