Re: "She does rave betimes"

Jul 13, 1997 07:07 AM
by ramadoss

At 04:31 AM 7/13/97 -0400, Tom Robertson wrote:
>Kym wrote:
>
>>Algeo wrote "they did not tell people
>>what to do or how to do it."  Eh?  In the "Mahatma Letters to J. P.
>>Sinnett," the "Masters" make it clear that if you don't believe and heed
>>them, you just may be, well, rather primitive.  There are many examples of
>>the "Masters" being just plain bossy and insulting.  And one "Master" wrote
>>(in letter 41) that he would "force her to stop" - this is not, to me,
>>necessarily honoring the "right of free action."
>
>John probably meant this as a general rule, since, elsewhere in "The
>Mahatma Letters" is at least the implication that they would _kill_
>anyone who was about to reveal a sufficiently sacred secret.  If I
>recall correctly, the reference to forcing her to stop was to forcing
>HPB, who had voluntarily completely devoted her life to their service,
>and who often strictly obeyed their definite commands.  John's
>reference to the Masters' telling people neither what to do nor how to
>do it probably referred to less devoted recipients of their words.

    It appears that even for advanced pupils, Masters may from time to time
get them do a specific task. Even for them most of the time it looks like
that They want their pupils to take their own initiative to do something
because, if they are just following orders, the benefit that would accrue to
them would just be that of just following orders. If on the other hand the
pupil takes initiative and discovers what needs to be done and does it with
best results, all the resulting good Karma goes to the pupil.  Just my
thoughts since I do not know how these things work and I am yet to run into
a high pupil to discuss these questions. So for now we all can but
speculate.  YMDMV.