Re: Ego

Apr 20, 1997 05:10 PM
by Bart Lidofsky

Dr. A.M.Bain wrote:
> In other words, your view of theosophy is one that places another aspect
> of the human state as preceding (vide anthropogenesis) ego
> consciousness?
>
> I enquire about this, as some psycho/philosophical models use "ego" in
> the sense of ultimate human essence, and some readers might not be clear
> about different usages of the term.

	I consider ego to be important, but only temporary. The primary part of
self is the higher self, the part that lasts from incarnation to
incarnation, and ultimately linked to everybody and everything else. One
needs the lower self to reintegrate with one's higher self, but the
lower self is ultimately discarded. The philosophies of political
correctness hold that the individual ego is the most important part of
the mind, and rejects the concept of a higher level of consciousness.

	Bart Lidofsky