Re: Service

Mar 22, 1997 06:14 PM
by kymsmith

Doss wrote:

>In message <33341A18.7653@eden.com>, Ramadoss <ramadoss@eden.com> writes
>>Here is a msg I saw on usenet. Looks like a good compilation. Can be
>>useful in lectures.
>>
>>mkr
>>
>>=================================
>>
>>SERVING OTHERS

Alan responded:

>Virtually all the quotes are for "he" and "him" people.  The word "she"
>or "woman" does not occur anywhere, except as "wife."
>
>Seems like most of the authors left out half the human race.

Indeed.  And maybe it would have been a teeny bit easier going down if the
transgression of gender-exclusiveness had been limited to the aged
'quotations of wisdom,' but the modern gentleman that offered them (not
Doss, but the "Jack of all Trades") simply carried the transgression clean
over into 1997.

Could it be that some haven't heard?

Kym