Re: Pedro R.M. Oliveira

Mar 01, 1997 10:04 PM
by Bart Lidofsky

M K Ramadoss wrote:

> There was a Pedro R.M. Oliveira who was the International Secretary at Adyar
> for some time. Does anyone know which S. American country he is from? A
> friend asked me and I trying to get the info.

	Brazil.

	I've met him; he is an extremely nice and highly knowledgeable person.
Interestingly enough, from his lecture style, you would assume that he
was a pedant, but in conversation, he is the opposite. I have been told
that this is due to a style of lecturing popular in India, and he would
be aghast if he thought that people took his lectures as him trying to
preach the Law.

	Apparently (from sources here and otherwise), his wife could not take
living in Adyar, and she essentially told him, I'm going back to Brazil.
Come or not, but if you don't come now, don't bother coming later.

	Bart Lidofsky