Re: Meat Industry Investment

Feb 27, 1997 08:47 AM
by M K Ramadoss

At 01:16 AM 2/27/97 -0500, you wrote:
>At 08:38 PM 2/26/97 -0500, you wrote:
>>----------
>>> From: M K Ramadoss <ramadoss@eden.com>
>>>

>>> BTW, as a rule in my consulting and tax practice I do not take on clients in
>>> businesses dealing with liquor, meat industry, poulty & seafood industry,
>>> prostitution, military and law enforcement. This policy has not hurt my
>>> business.
>>>
>>Evidently you don't feel these people are worthy enough to receive your
>>consultation and advice.  I consider this to be a form of discrimination
>>based on your own and only your own moral code.  I suggest you be
>>more discreet in letting this information about your practice out to the
>>public.  If someone you turned down heard about this they may file a lawsuit.
>>And you know how expensive and time-consuming lawsuits can be.
>>
>>In fact you would have turned down any business with any number of
>>my relatives, especially those that emigrated to the US in the twenties.
>>They owned a farm in Czechoslovakia, complete with live chickens
>>and pigs.  My mother and grandmother taught me the value of livestock
>>and not to take it for granted, because they knew how difficult it was
>>to bring it from the barnyard to the table.
>>
>>-AEB
>
>In consulting business, you can choose your clients like you choose your
>consultant. So it is the normal way business is done every day. So I see no
>problem at all. As a matter of fact, I do not take any clients unless they
>come thru a referral; even then I have a choice.
>
>mkr

  In personal service business, both the provider and receiver has the
choice of selection or rejection. A case in point is that sometimes patients
want to interview their physician before signing up. I know of physicians
who if interviewed, will be very cordial and nice to the prospective patient
and after the interview when the patient is ready to hire the physician,
there are physicians who routinely will tell the prospect that the physician
also has the choice of accepting or not accepting a patient and routinely do
decide not to decline to accept the patient.

  My 2 cents worth. Your mileage and direction may vary.

mkr