Vegetarians and Hospitals

Feb 24, 1997 06:27 PM
by M K Ramadoss

Hi

I want to share some with any one who cares.

When vegetarians go to hospital in patients, some time it is very difficult
to explain to the staff of the dietary restrictions. One time when we told
the staff my wife does not eat meat, the staff came back and asked if bacon
is ok for breakfast.

The trick is this. If you are a vegetarian, just tell the hospital to list
the following in your allergies: all animal, poulty, seafood products. The
word allergy is taken very seriously and you will be well taken care of.

mkr