Re: TI-L digest 121

Feb 18, 1997 02:52 AM
by ramadoss

At 09:49 PM 2/17/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Dear Ann,
>
>I'm sure the party line in the ES, like the TS generally, is
>that the Masters act through all sorts of people and not just
>through them.  But on the other hand, they do have a kind of
>proprietary attitude, as seen in the overreactions to
>Baileyites in the TS.  It's hard to know with such a secretive
>bunch.  Greg Tillett told me that he came out and asked Radha
>Burnier whether she was in touch with the Masters, and her
>answer seemed to be no.  But I've heard from others closer to
>the TS that all ES members are supposed to be under the
>watchful guidance of some particular Master from the TS
>pantheon.  JHE can probably answer this one as well as anyone
>in this country who is not in the ES; outside the US Tillett is
>perhaps the most informed.  As for how they know the ES is in
>touch with Masters, I can only speculate: it was alleged to be
>founded by the Masters' orders, the instructions supposedly
>come from the Masters, and people do meditative practices that
>are supposed to get them in touch with their adept sponsors.
>Given the power of suggestion and peer pressure, I reckon the
>ES is a hotbed of people who imagine themselves to be in
>communication with Morya, K.H., or who knows who else.
>
>Dear Doss,
>
>I used to believe as you do, that as long as you're not running
>for office, you won't get molested by the TS/ES powers that be.
>(JHE has the right to say "I told you so" on this one.)  But
>there are other ways than running for office to pull their
>chains, and I for damn sure found one-- writing about the
>Masters.

Dear Paul:

I firmly believe that discussions we have on Internet is ultimately going to
make members think for themselves and come to their own decision and a day
will come when members are going to demand changes. However, there is going
to be some a segment of the membership whose beliefs are firmly almost laid
in stone, that they will not and cannot see anything outside of the beliefs
they sincerely and honestly hold. There is nothing that we can do about this
segment.

One of the issues I want to mention here is that but for the Masters we
would not what we know as T/theosophy and I do not want to bring them down
to our level.

Traditionally, especially in the East, Adepts, Masters, Rishis, Arhats,
Jivanmuktas are revered for their achievement in spiritual matters. So I
personally do not want to alienate anyone on this issue because we need the
cooperation and help from anyone and everyone in this great task of making
T/theosophy accessible to everyone, even though They do not care what we
think of Them (I believe this was made very clear in one of the letters to
APS.) They have a great job to do and they can use all the help they can get
from ordinary individuals like you and me, however little our contributions
may be.

Looking at the sorrow and suffering and problems that are around us and all
over the world, I am very grateful for T/theosophy for developing an outlook
on life which helps my interaction with other living beings, so that I can
do whatever little I can to help everyone and anyone.

As for the organizational matters, I believe things are going to change.
More light is  going to be focused on each and every move that takes place
anywhere in the world. IMHO, Internet is the key and with some patience (I
hope I will long enough to see the changes) this is going to happen. How
soon, who can tell. In the meanwhile, we need to speak up for what we think
is right. Whether somebody else likes it or not, is not our  problem but theirs.

Thanks again for your response.

MKR