Universal Expansion

Feb 04, 1997 10:29 AM
by Jerry Schueler

Tim:
>During the inflationary period the expansion is so rapid that certain
parts of
>the universe become luminally discontiguous -- that is, the distance
>between them is sufficiently great that no light could ever have traveled
>from one region to the other given the lifetime of the universe.  Since
>this separation is caused by the expansion of space, it is not disallowed
>under Einstein's theory.

	You are correct Tim.  You have nicely summarized the
revised Big Bang Model.  This revision was necessary to account for
the wild discontinuities that we see in Space (Hubble telescope, etc).
The expansion of our universe is now known to NOT be homogeneous
which implies the Chaos Factor existed right from the very beginning.

Jerry S.
Member, TI