Re: James Morgan Pryse's Experience

Jan 31, 1997 01:45 PM
by Titus Roth

mdmgyn@worldnet.att.net (Tom Robertson) wrote:

> M K Ramadoss wrote:

>> Couple of years ago, one of the frequent attendees of our lodge mentioned to
>> me about Pryse's experience with HPB. Since I have never seen it, she
>> graceously provided me with a copy. BTW, she was not a member of TS nor did
>> she joined it. My grateful thanks go to her. Here is the account.

>> =================================

>> MEMORABILIA OF H. P. BLAVATSKY

>> By James Morgan Pryse

>> In years past I made hundreds of mesmeric experiments, with different
>> subjects, sometimes using my prana as a healing force. As H.P.B. was dying
>> for lack of this vital force, while I, a young man had plenty of it, I
>> determined to transfer, by a mesmeric process, half my prana to H.P.B. It
>> is analogous psychically to the transfusion of blood physically. As I began
>> concentrating to make the transfer H.P.B. called to me, physically but
>> audibly. "Don't do it; it's black magic." Undeterred, I cabled back to her
>> "Very well, Old Lady, black magic or not, I'm going to do it anyway" and I
>> did.

> I don't understand this.  What makes one act white magic and another black,
> if not the motive?

In this case, probably tampering with a person's true time to go. I'd be
tempted to call the code-blue procedure a modern form of black magic.

I wonder about Pryse's interpretation of his vision of HPB's incarnating
into the grown body of a young man. This also seems like tampering with
the necessary stages of life. We are born as babes for a reason. Toddlerhood
and childhood enable us to renew and recover wonder and imagination. It
must also be a kind of buffered transition into this world.