Pryse's story

Jan 30, 1997 02:46 PM
by K. Paul Johnson

Quite a fascinating piece, Doss, thanks for posting it.  The
part that interests me most is the doctrine that HPB incarnated
in the young man who obligingly vacated his body.  Pryse seems
to take a dim view of the claim of Judge that a portrait of
said young man was actually of *his* overshadowing personality,
"the rajah."  But he doesn't make clear how Judge's claim
dovetails with his own.  If Judge himself was "overshadowed" by
the rajah at the age of 7 or so, who was occupying the young
man's vacated body until HPB took it over?  What Indian state
did she become rajah of?  (That aspect of the legend dovetails
rather nicely with my own reading of HPB's profound interest in
Indian politics, not that I take any of this seriously.)

This leads to a second quandary.  I've had it hinted to me, and
heard it repeated elsewhere, that the secret teaching within
ULT about the Masters is that M. was HPB and K.H. was Judge.
Can't make any sense of this in light of otherwise literalistic
reading of HPB's claims they make.  Has anyone else a clue on all this?

Cheers
PJ