Titus's question

Jan 26, 1997 04:42 PM
by K. Paul Johnson

Dear Titus,

You ask about the "journalistic drive" behind my writings, and
ask that Daniel Caldwell and I each give a "significance" for
our conclusions or for our questions.

I stated when I came back on the list that my rebuttal on the
Web would be my last response to criticisms of my previous
work, although I would answer questions privately.  So please
feel free to ask anything you like of me, but not to the list.

Debates of historical matters belong on theos-roots, not
theos-l, which is why I subscribe to this list and not to that
one, having given more than enough time and effort to debates.

All I can say here is that initially I did not imagine that my
research would lead to identifying any Masters, that I stumbled
upon such clues only after completing a first draft and
submitting it to a publisher, and that after beginning the
process of identifying Master figures I was hopeful that the
work would be well-received in Theosophical circles.  It was up
to a point.  I was a devoted Theosophist through the entire
process of research, writing and publication, although
subsequent reactions have dampened my feelings toward the
movement considerably.

Cheers
Paul