Re: The Condition of the TS in 1925 (Part 1 of 3)

Jan 26, 1997 02:59 PM
by M K Ramadoss

At 03:21 PM 1/26/97 -0500, JHE wrote:

>Chuck writes:
>>The one incident that always strikes me was at the Star camp at
>>Ommen when Rukmini got up and said that she spoke as an
>>Arhat--and nobody laughed at her!  The mass of imbeciles and
>>assorted morons that seemed to make up the bulk of membership at
>>that time must have believed her, otherwise how could
>>they have tolerated such a ridiculous statement?
>>
>>The year 1925 was the point where behavior deserving only of
>>ridicule was treated with reverence.   Gad!  I wish I had been
>>there!
>>
>>Chuck the Heretic
>

>JHE
>But the punch line is that the inner group that has been
>controlling the TS ever since still believes all of this stuff!
>That is why I lost hope for the TS.

        I quote below from an earlier quote:
===========================

        Several times I discussed with Krishnamurti the function of the
Theosophical Society. He said: You cannot organize truth."

        I pointed out that the Society was intended to be only a business
organization.  It existed for the promotion of truth, but did not say what
that truth was.

        " I am afraid you cannot have such a brotherhood," was
his reply. " Consider the weakness of human nature. Some creed will get
control of the thing, or will be fighting for it and giving trouble all the
time'

PS: I here refers to Ernest Wood.

        May be K saw this coming even then.

MKR