Re: Present vs Future

Jan 25, 1997 03:28 PM
by M K Ramadoss

At 04:04 PM 1/25/97 -0500, Jerry wrote:
>E. Wood (posted by Doss):
>>To hold a theory that we must work for the development or accumulation or
>acquisition >of opportunities or powers to be attained at some future time
>was simply to
>>spoil the living present.
>
>This statement is exactly what I have been trying to say here on theos-l
>since it began.  I do not have Wood's book, nor have I ever before seen
>this quote, but thanks Doss, for showing me that I am not alone in my
>heretical views.  The idea expressed here is that we should all be
>working for this life and not worrying about any future lives.  If this
>life
>is lived well, our future life will take care of itself.

It took me several decades -- too much of wasted time -- before I came to
the understanding that the present is all important and also it is the
present is what, I hope we know about and that there are a lot of things one
can do right now, and do it without delay.  I came to this view long before
I read Wood's book. So you know at least there are two of us here.

..MKRamadoss