Japanese Sexism

Jan 23, 1997 02:33 PM
by Jerry Schueler

> Around age 12, girls begin a downhill slide in self-esteem and body
>image.  The reasons why are obvious. Girls begin to become acutely
>aware of how little genuine influence they really have.

This is all too true.  My professor at CMU (a Ph.D. who owns
her own company) once told me that she would not be allowed
to act as a spokesman with any big US company in Japan simply
because she was a woman -- the Japanese refuse to do business
with women of any country, no matter their qualifications.  Sad
but true.

Jerry S.
Member, TI