Re: Truth and/or Consequences

Jan 24, 1997 10:11 AM
by Murray Stentiford

Tom,

>>Certainly, I'd like to put behind me some of the little word-bundles I've
>>put together!
>
>I cringe at much of what I've said, more in person than in writing,
>though. It seems to be a common feeling among those who care about being
>truthful.

Yes, I would agree. The comparison between what you're trying to express and
how it actually comes out can be a bit painful times. The light within,
leading. Pressure within, too, it seems sometimes.

Reminds me of hearing once that the great violinist, David Oistrakh, having
given a splendid concert in New Zealand, was found after the applause had
finally subsided, in his back-stage room, working away at some musical
passage in a work he had just played, trying to make it better.

>>> ....  If Kym succeeds in her goal to
>>>single-handedly destroy all sexism and the sense of superiority I so
>>>desperately cling to, I would be left with no emotional support.  I
>>>cannot allow that.
>
>>You mean you need some emotional support?
>
>I'll take whatever I can get.  Logic isn't much help sometimes.  I wish
>some women would quit picking on men so much.  It's just not fair!

Sometimes I think you ask for all the trouble you get on this list. Most
times, actually.

Murray