Re: Theosophy Classics on CD-ROM

Jan 22, 1997 05:25 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <199701221605.LAA04983@newman.cris.com>, "Ann E. Bermingham"
<safron@concentric.net> writes
>When I first subscribed to theos-l in 1993 I asked whether HPB's works
>were going to put on a CD-ROM.  John Algeo replied that it was a project
>that being worked on in the Phillipines.  I wonder how far they've gotten.

Not as far as they had hoped, so far as I can tell.  I had some brief e-
mail with Vic Hao Chin (thanks to Eldon) but there was no satisfactory
conclusion.  In any event, it would appear from the material that *is*
available that it is only the "holy" first editions of works by (say)
HPB, Judge, etc., which are to be included.  One snag in this is that
these editions contain typos and other errors later corrected by HPB and
Mead working together in the production of the 3rd (1895) edition of
(for example) the Secret Doctrine.  So - even if completed, the project,
as I understand it to have been conceived, could be arguably flawed to
some degree for quite mundane reasons.

Alan