Logic vs Intuition

Jan 22, 1997 12:57 PM
by Jerry Schueler

Tom:
>Correct intuition will trump correct logic any time.  But incorrect
>logic makes correct intuition impossible.

This sounds good, but I don't know what it means.  What is
"correct" logic or "correct" intuition?  Do you mean logic
that works out to be "right?"  I often get intuitive feelings
that are terribly illogical.  A nagging inner voice will tell
me that something is wrong, while my logical brain-mind assures
me that the inner voice is all wet.  Can you guess which is
almost never wrong?  So what you think, do I always listen
to my inner "correct" but illogical voice?  No.  Only once and
awhile, because, like you, I am a creature of logic and
illogical intuitive feelings usually take second place--even
though they are always "correct."  My Path lately has been
one of listening to this inner voice rather than ignoring it.
But this is not easy to do.  The mind prefers logic. Maybe your
experiences differ?

Jerry S.
Member, TI