Mika's questions on Cayce

Jan 22, 1997 06:48 AM
by K. Paul Johnson

Mika posted his questions privately but said it was fine to
answer to the list.  So here goes.  Pardon the brevity, but one
could go on for days on these so I have to give brief sketches:

1.  What has Cayce told about Adepts?  Especially those
"theosophical" ones?  Is he referring to them as some "spirits"
or living human beings?
A-- Cayce defines Masters as those of any cult or sect who have
through self-discipline and spiritual awareness reached the
point where their higher potentials begin to manifest.  But he
doesn't define this as necessarily all positive, saying that if
these manifesting abilities are used to control others, "then
they abuse."  He talked about the Great White Brotherhood in
general terms as the more spiritually advanced humans, called
the Essenes a branch of the GWB, but never subscribed to the
"Inner Government" model.  He said that Saint-Germain was one
of his sources, when needed, but generally downplayed the
importance of Masters and encouraged people to look to their
own Christ Consciousness rather than any outer authority.  He
usually refers to them as living humans, but also talked of
discarnate sources.  Mostly his source was his own Higher Self,
according to the readings.
2.  How do you think Cayce's readings worked?  Or what was the
source of all the information?
That the big question and I still have plenty of room for new
ideas about it.  But generally, I have concluded that at least
some of the time, quite often in fact, his clairvoyance was
accurate in attuning to the physical bodies as well as the
emotional and cognitive unconsciouses of the people who sought
readings.  (Have just read a fascinating new book called The
Emotional Brain which makes the very useful distinction, based
on hard research, between the emotional unconscious and the
cognitive unconscious.)  When he successfully attuned to their
physical bodies, he was able to make accurate diagnoses and
prescribe courses of treatment.  His general diet and health
guidelines are confirmed in many ways by subsequent findings.
But his "vocabulary" of therapies was of course limited to his
time and culture.  I think going to the Cayce Hospital in 1930
would have been wiser than going to an allopathic one at the
time, but allopathic medicine has made great strides since then
which the readings do not anticipate.  When he successfully
attuned to people's emotional unconscious, he accurately
related their life issues and addressed their spiritual needs
in language that was meaningful to them.  His acuteness in
dream interpretation, astrological interpretation, meditation
guidelines, and such is a sign of how well he attuned to people
and groups at this level.  But when he attuned to people's
cognitive unconscious, he got his ideas out of their mental
framework and parroted whatever assumptions they had.  Thus the
succession of people who got readings contributed to a growing
body of doctrines that was in a sense jerry-built and
accidental, containing bits and pieces of Theosophy, New
Thought, Fourth Way, etc. etc., all wrapped up in a liberal
Protestant interpretation of the Bible.

That's the quick and dirty answer about where I'm coming from.
Questions?

Cheers,
Paul