[Bristol Lodge]

Jan 20, 1997 08:20 PM
by Benjamin Mark Pybus

Alan,

As soon as I read your msg. in the last digest I was deeply shocked. It
sounds very scary that so-called theosophists can actually act in such a
fashion. Would you be willing to state who the President of the English
Section was at the time? I haven't been in the TS that long - not quite 2
years in fact - but I've never even considered such outrageous behaviour
ever to be possible. Perhaps I'm just too innocent and naive! As a member of
Newcastle lodge I can tell you now that such things don't happen there, but
we are a small lodge! When you mentioned "that organisation" were you
referring to Bristol Lodge or the the TS generally? I have to say that those
who I have met in London do not seem to fit such descriptions as the lodge
president you describe. Lastly, I can quite understand your sentiments but
please don't leave the TS, if that was your intention - we need people as
yourself to help change such an ugly "shadow".

Ben