(fwd) World Meditation Day

Jan 19, 1997 10:52 PM
by E. J.

[:->>                       World Meditation Day
[:->>
[:->>                    Thursday, January 23rd, 1997
[:->>                Between 12:00 and 1:30 Local Time
[:->>
[:->>                          Dr. John Miles Evans
[:->>                           11 January 1997
[:->>
[:->>          On 23 January 1997 a group of eight planets will form a
[:->>variant of an unusual pattern -- a six-pointed star.  Sometimes
[:->>known as a Grand Sextile or Star of David, this pattern is an
[:->>integration of various diverse energies into a harmonious whole.
[:->>
[:->>          This variant is the more unusual in that it is actually
[:->>a five-pointed star, but aligned so that the Ascendent -- the
[:->>point on the horizon --  makes the sixth "point".  As a result,
[:->>meditation or other intentional activity at this time may serve
[:->>to trigger the latent energies in the overall planetary pattern
[:->>-- completing the circuit, as it were, through the efforts we
[:->>make at this time.
[:->>
[:->>          The exact time when this occurs varies with locality.
[:->>For most locations in the northern hemisphere the time is between
[:->>12 noon and 1:00 pm, but there are some locations where the time
[:->>may be as late as 1:30 pm; Miami, Florida is one such location.(1)
[:->>
[:->>          For those who are not students of astrology, a brief
[:->>introduction may be appropriate.
[:->>
[:->>          One can understand any pattern of the planets as a
[:->>symbolic representation describing the nature and qualities of a
[:->>particular moment of time -- operating through the principle CG
[:->>Jung termed "synchronicity."(2)
[:->>
[:->>          While written language is linear -- one word
[:->>following another -- the "language" of astrology is a complex
[:->>pattern, which cannot be adequately translated into a linear
[:->>form.  But some sense of the meaning of this pattern may be
[:->>gleaned through studying the individual planets involved, and
[:->>their location by "sign" and "house" (two indicators of qualities
[:->>expressed by planets in the pattern).
[:->>
[:->>          In the planetary pattern for World Meditation Day,
[:->>the Sun, Jupiter, and Uranus are all "conjunct" (together) at the
[:->>beginning of Aquarius, in the Ninth House, along with Neptune in
[:->>late Capricorn in the Ninth House.  These planets are
[:->>harmoniously related to Saturn in Aries in the 11th, Pluto in
[:->>Sagittarius in the 7th, and Mars in Libra conjunct the North Node
[:->>in the 5th House.  The fifth "point" is the Moon in Leo in the
[:->>3rd House.
[:->>
[:->>          Aquarius is the sign most connected with humanity as
[:->>a whole, and is particularly activated by group efforts.  That
[:->>three planets -- representing Being and Identity (Sun), Expansion
[:->>and Wisdom (Jupiter), and Sudden Awakening (Uranus) -- are all
[:->>concentrated in Aquarius is quite significant.
[:->>
[:->>          Mars, the planet of activity, conjuncting the North
[:->>Node of the Moon, an indicator of spiritual integration and
[:->>development, in the 5th house, that of creativity and personal
[:->>expression, indicates that those who take action to participate
[:->>in the pattern may further their own spiritual awareness.
[:->>
[:->>          Pluto, the planet of purification and regeneration,
[:->>is located in Sagittarius in the 7th House, symbolizing a
[:->>transformation of our belief systems through forming committed
[:->>relationship with those aspects of ourselves which we may have
[:->>ignored or taken for granted previously.  In this case
[:->>"ourselves" may represent our common humanity, and the need to
[:->>understand all human beings as being equally valuable and
[:->>important.
[:->>
[:->>          The Moon, located in Leo in the 3rd house is opposing
[:->>the planets in Aquarius.  This gives added dynamic tension to the
[:->>overall pattern.  The Moon is symbolic of our deepest feelings,
[:->>Leo has a great deal to do with our sense of identity, and the
[:->>Third House is the area of mental concepts.  This implies that
[:->>there may be a tendency to oppose the movement toward a broader
[:->>understanding and a new orientation toward ourselves because of
[:->>our emotional attachment to old ideas about life, and old beliefs
[:->>about our sense of who we are.
[:->>
[:->>          Neptune, located in the Ninth House in Capricorn,
[:->>indicates the possibility of dissolving old belief systems to
[:->>make way for the new.  This idea is presented in different ways
[:->>in several areas of the overall "chart" for the day.
[:->>
[:->>          The sixth "point" is the Ascendent in early Gemini.
[:->>Gemini is strongly associated with the conscious mind.  By
[:->>actively engaging in meditation or other focused mental activity
[:->>at this particular time, one has the opportunity both to expand
[:->>one's own awareness, and also to further the expansion of
[:->>humanity as a whole -- breaking down the barriers separating each
[:->>of us as individuals, and becoming participants in a type of
[:->>"world mind", in which we recognize our common humanity as the
[:->>most important component.
[:->>
[:->>          This is emphasized by the presence of Saturn, the
[:->>planet symbolizing traditional structure and limits, in Aries,
[:->>the sign of new beginnings (where Saturn's power is weakest) and
[:->>in the 11th or (Aquarian) House where that structure which can be
[:->>developed is focused on the birth of a "group mind".
[:->>
[:->>          Finally, Mercury, the planet most associated with
[:->>Gemini, is in Capricorn in the 8th House, indicated the
[:->>possibility of purification and transformation of our conceptual
[:->>picture of life through focused effort, with the need to let go
[:->>of old emotional ties to past concepts about how life is.
[:->>
[:->>          Astrologers will see much more in this pattern than
[:->>presented here.  But for those who are not astrologers, I hope
[:->>this overview will give you some sense of the significance of
[:->>this opportunity for both individual and group development, and
[:->>the importance of taking time on 23 January between 12 noon and
[:->>1:00 pm to participate quietly in this important event -- in
[:->>whatever way seems best to you.
[:->>
[:->>          One last point -- "intent" is all important with this
[:->>pattern.  For those who wish to make maximum use of this unusual
[:->>opportunity, a period of preparation in which you look at your
[:->>own deepest beliefs and desires for change may be useful.  And
[:->>practice meditations, in which you work on focusing your intent
[:->>for what you wish to achieve on 23 January, may also be helpful.
[:->>
[:->>          My blessings to you in however you choose to
[:->>participate.
[:->>
[:->>                            Footnotes
[:->>
[:->>(1) For those who would like the exact time for your location,
[:->>consult a local astrologer and ask for the time when the
[:->>Ascendant is at 4-5 degrees Gemini on 23 January, 1997.
[:->>
[:->>(2) Jung, CG.  "Synchronicity, an Acausal Connecting Principle".
[:->>In Collected Works, Vol. 8:  Structure and Dynamics of the
[:->>Psyche.
[:->>
[:->>-----------------
[:->>TO REMOVE YOUR NAME FROM THIS LIST, please send a message to:
[:->><kwright@maui.net> with the request: remove from H/B List
[:->>
[:->>
[:->>

Know what you do not know,
and Know that you do not Know it -
Know what you know,
and Know that you Know it -
And be able to Know the difference between the two.

Let There Be Light -- Always in All Ways,  e.j. [;-)
http://home.earthlink.net/~ejlight/index1.html
"The reverse side also has a reverse side." -- Japanese Proverb