Re: Dogmatism

Jan 17, 1997 03:10 PM
by John Straughn

Ann E. Bermingham writes:
>> From: Tom Robertson <mdmgyn@worldnet.att.net>
>> This is analogous to why I have the exact opposite opinion of why the TS is
>> in decline from those who think it has suppressed the truth too much.  Up
>> to a certain level of development, fixed rules are better than an
>> open-minded intuitive approach, just as, for an individual with a broken
>> leg, crutches are better than trying to walk without them.  Without going
>> through the dogmatic stage, the intuitive stage could not be reached.  The
>> TS should be more like a cult.

>Actually, I believe John Straughn is moving towards this realization and
>will beginrecruiting members for his cult in the next 24 hours.  It will be
>called theTHeosophical Carrot Cult.  TCC, a natural with vegetarians around
>the globe,will also have the added advantage of being affiliated with the
>Church ofthe Subgenius, rather than the LCC, and take all those who truly
>worship"Bob" on the saucer trip in 1998.
>
>Boiling will be optional, but for those who decide to take this
>rigorous course, enlightenment is guaranteed.  The butter ceremony
>will commence immediately after scraping and boiling.
>
>-AEB

"For us its harvest time my friends, but for them, ...its the holocaust.  It's
the CRY OF THE CARROTS!!!"
                     published by "Tool" written by (Doh!) the cannibal guy.

Anyhow, Ann, you are only partly correct.  Did you get my entire message
regarding "PI in the SKI" and the hairless purple bunnies?  I only recieved
the header of the post.  I was hoping that did not go for everyone.  That
information could be very useful at a future date.
---
The Triaist