Re: The Virtue of Prejudice

Jan 16, 1997 10:33 PM
by M K Ramadoss

At 12:20 AM 1/17/97 -0500, Tom wrote:
>No matter how sincerely someone intends to judge individuals on their own
>merits, there is always a time lag in gathering this information.  In the
>meantime, tentative probability estimates of the behavior of
>individuals based on group behavior are better than nothing.

        Many times when I have tried to judge some one, I have later found
that there were factors and reasons why that person acted in a certain
manner at that time. So I try to go slow before I come up to any judgement
on anyone.

        This is my experience for whatever is worth.

        Your mileage and direction may vary.

MKR aka Doss