Re: THEOS-L digest 829

Jan 15, 1997 10:14 AM
by Robert Word

> Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 23:24:45 +0000
> From: "Dr. A.M.Bain" <guru@nellie2.demon.co.uk>
> To: theos-l@vnet.net
> Subject: Re: Private Matters?
>
> In message <199701141831.KAA02443@proxy1.ba.best.com>, Thoa Tran
> <thoa@withoutwalls.com> writes
> >Didn't we establish that Alan was God?
> >
> >TTT
> >
> We most certainly did not! Discraceful idea!
>
> God.
> ---------

There is an Indian tale, I believe it may be mentioned in one of the
Upanishads.  A great Yogi came to the court of the celestial God Indra,
and had an entire conversation on the meaning of life.  During the
course of the conversation, the Yogi commented that each ant in a stream
of ants walking across the floor of the celestial palace of Indra had
itself been Indra in a previous universe.

I think that if Alan is not God, that we could arrange to make the
appointment, provided that he is willing to take on the consequent
commitment in a future life.