Re: THEOS-L digest 817

Jan 13, 1997 11:22 AM
by Lmhem111

MKR writes: "As far as the cancellation of charters in Canada and Denmark
etc. no one who has first hand access to the information has come forth and
explained why
 the charter was cancelled. Cancellation of a National Section Charter is not
 a simple or easy decision at the highest level, especially at a time the
 membership world wide is perhaps at its lowest and perhaps shrinking. So
 there should be some valid and strong reasons. The questions is what is
 preventing anyone who knows full facts to come out with details."

I have been a longtime subscriber to THE CANADIAN THEOSOPHIST. The
July/August, 1992 issue (Volume 73, Number 3) gives a partial explanation. It
seems that the "parent society", i.e., Adyar, was left out of the By-Laws for
the Canadian Section which were amended in September, 1991. Radha Burnier et
al were miffed and consequently sacked the entire Section. There was also a
problem with the ES which some members regarded as an elitist group within
the Section. Canadian ESers  apparently disapproved some of the material
being presented in the Lodges. (Alice Bailey teachings perhaps since some of
AAB's material has been referred to or discussed in various issues of The
Can. Theos. magazine).

As human beings we attain the age of reason at 7 or 8 and devolop the powers
of discursive reasoning as we move into adulthood (manas=mind=the cognitive
faculty..."manas" is incorporated into the word "man" itself). Hence, as
rational human beings we have the option of accepting or rejecting a
particular set of teachings based on their merits or lack of them. Yet,
curiously, Adyar wants to keep us all in catechism class. On the other hand,
BEACON Magazine talks unabashedly about the Masters, Shamballa and the Devas
which are subjects that are avoided for the most part in Wheaton's financial
lemon, QUEST magazine. After all, we don't want to scare off the
academicians, do we? Goodness, those Ph.D's the TS is constantly courting
might think we're a bunch of New Age loonies!

LunarPitri