Re: Private matters?

Jan 12, 1997 10:01 PM
by m.k. ramadoss

On Sun, 12 Jan 1997, Ann E. Bermingham wrote:

> ----------
> > From: M K Ramadoss <ramadoss@eden.com>
> >
> > There is a new book by Mary Lutyens titled "Krishnamurti and The
> > Rajagopals". As Krishnamurti lived in Adyar for several years and as many
> > consider him to be a very keen observer, there are two quotes in the
> above
> > book which I think might interest some here:
> >
> ><snip>
> > In 1933 K wrote to Emily Lutyens after Besant's death  "I'm completely
> out
> > of it all," "their illusions, their fight for power & their so-called
> > occultism. Adyar is lovely but the people are DEAD."
> >
> Early last year someone recommended that I read Emily Lutyens "Candles in
> the Sun" (1957).  After Christmas, I went to Quest Books and they told me
> it
> was out of print and also, not in the library.  Does anyone have any
> information about where I could get this book and/or Mary Lutyens'
> new book?
>
> -AEB

I believe the book may be out of print.

Did you check with Olcott library? They may have a copy you may be able
to borrow.

If any one can locate a copy it would be JHE.

It is a very interesting book.

The title was chosen to signify the comparison between K and other
leaders. Surely I have not seen anyone of his popularity since he started
speaking. Last time when he came to San Antonio, there were over 2000 who
came to hear him. It was a long time ago.

If everything else fails, please contact me.

MKR