Re: I Me Mine

Jan 10, 1997 01:55 PM
by Tom Robertson

On Fri, 10 Jan 97, John Straughn <JTarn@envirolink.org> wrote:

>Tom Robertson writes:

>>I believe it was in "The Key to Theosophy"
>>that HPB said that "Atman is no individual property of any human being."

>But what of Buddhi?  Isn't that eternal as well?

"Buddhi is the vehicle of atma," whatever that means.  But it seems to
suggest that it, too, is a temporary form.

I think of buddhi as will's lieutenant.  All choices are facilitated
through the intuition.  Opinions are also of the intuition, which, if
realized, would cure fundamentalists who believe that the foundation to
their belief system is entirely objective.  I'd love to have a nickel for
every time I have asked a fundamentalist how he or she decided on the
foundation of his or her belief system, without his or her realizing that
his or her subjective judgment is a necessary part of the foundation.