NZ Convention

Jan 08, 1997 07:03 PM
by Bee Brown

Hi all,
I suppose some of you may be wondering what happened to us. For some
strange reason I got unsubscribed around New Year and didn't find out
until it was too late to do anything about it. How that happened just
at that time is a mystery to me. I have just re subscribed again so I
have missed a few days but I was too busy to read anyway.
Everyone had a great time and there were about 12 at the Internet
W/shop and we had a cruise around the Theosophy sites and discussed
the merits of e-mail.
I can now confirm that I am also moving to Auckland to begin work in
the office at the Theosophical HQ and my knowledge of the Internet
will come in very handy. You may notice that I have a new address
which is from the netforward site and it will mean that I can change
server as often as I like but as long as I change the pobox
accordingly, no disruption will occur.
I am sorry that we did not get a discussion going, as we were playing
in the Internet during tea breaks and before and after lectures.
We were fortunate to have Dr Ravi Ravindra as guest speaker and he
gave 2 excellent talks and joined in the activities over the 4 days of
the Convention. He is a very nice and gentle man.
It was the NZ Section's 100th Convention and also Wanganui's Centenary
so we had a large cake, decorated appropriately. Also a bit of free
publicity in the local paper. Right now I am tired but not for long as
the packing starts next week, something that I am not too fond off.
Happy New Year from Down Under, belatedly.
Bee Brown
Member Theosophy NZ, T.I.
Life is not a problem to be solved;
it is a mystery to be lived.