conservatism

Jan 08, 1997 01:47 PM
by Lmhem111

<< Your views of liberal and conservative are much different from mine.  My
 idea of a liberal is someone who believes that people in government are so
 good, and people who are not in government are so helpless without people
 in government, that big government is necessary to help people not in
 government get by.  My idea of a conservative is someone who believes that
 the most important issue in politics is that, since power so easily
 corrupts, no one has too much power, preferring as decentralized and
 limited a government as possible.  >>

I have a hard time figuring out who wrote who to whom, but whoever wrote the
above passage, I say right on. A nicely expressed view of conservatism.

LunarPitri