The Boston Lodge

Jan 06, 1997 09:40 PM
by Tom Robertson

JRC wrote:

>the current danger is that HQ will spend another half-million
>dollars of the Society's resources *suing* another one of its own Lodges
>for studying ... Hitler? no, *Alice Bailey*.

I don't particularly care about the politics of the TS, and I have never
seen the slightest bit of suppression of ideas in the 3 years that I have
been involved.  If anything, new members are encouraged too much to say
what they have to say.  I found the above statement to be incredible when I
first heard it, but, just to prove how open-minded I can be, I thought I
would ask Willamay Pym about the Boston Lodge fiasco, to which I believe it
is referring.  She said that she was a member of the national board while
it was going on, and she got the biggest kick tonight out of my repetition
of the above statement.  She told me that there was a dispute over the
property owned by the Boston Lodge, that HQ feared that individuals would
end up keeping property that belonged to the scoiety, and she described the
idea that $500,000 was spent suing them, as well as the idea that HQ would
sue any of its lodges because they studied Alice Bailey, as "crazy."  It's
a close one, but I think I will take Willamay's word for it over the word
of someone who thinks it would be "cool" if Alexis was still around.