the limits of free will

Jan 06, 1997 07:09 PM
by liesel f. deutsch

I believe that the ring-pass -not for free will is determined by our bodies,
including the invisible ones. A human being has free will as long as his/her
bodies, heredity, habits, will power will let him/her. (There may be other
factors tending to inhibit. Those are the ones I can think of just now.)

As to the idea that  <Human beings have no
choice about the moral value of any alternative...>, I think anthropology
doesn't always go along with that. In some Esquimo tribes, the man politely
offers his wife to a visitor; Arabs are often polygamous; it is considered
ok to kill an enemy in war; and the morals of killing and misusing animals
change in different societies. The Spaniards love their bull fights, and
many people wear furs.

Liesel