THEOS-L digest 796

Jan 06, 1997 10:41 AM
by Joseph K PricE

Message text written by INTERNET:theos-l@vnet.net
>ichael:
>Here we enter again into pure speculation. A so-called
>sinner may be the victim of inherited family traits. To
>conguer them might also be inborn. A sinner might be
>considered a sick person. Hell may be a cozy place to some
>minds.

I always wonder whether sociopaths have it better than us as far as being
tortured by guilt feeling.  I try to have the satisfaction by thinking that
once somebody commits a heinous act, that s/he would be in his/her own
Edgar
Allen Poe hell of guilt.  From some cases I have seen, they sleep soundly,
while I torture myself over an inadvertent social faux pas.

TTT<

Keith Price:

I haven't written much lately, but  this post among other things caught my
attention in the sense that our experience of everything has a SUBJECTIVE
quality and this is often expanded to mean that we create our own reality,
in new age parlance.  There is nothing good or bad, but thinking makes it
so and one man's meat is another man't poison and hevean and hell are right
here right now.

I have always been interested in my own subjectivity and have more than
other focused on MY internal states, even on this list.  I recently had a
manic phase and now I am getting my comeupance.

I  think the pendulum of karma swings sometime slowly, but grinds very fine
-- to mix a metaphor.  Thus one gets what one needs over many lifetimes and
thus we create our own spiritual AURIC EGG so to speack, some of ours are
more cracked than others, but probably have been swung by karma more too.

Thus I think a high minded, objective spirituality of the MIDDLE ROAD the
Madyamika is probably some kind of sign of spiritual evolution -- sometimes
it looks very boring too me -  and sometimes I'd rather be bored than
suffering and not suffering can be heaven indeed.

Namaste New Year
Keith