Relationships

Jan 04, 1997 11:51 PM
by Thoa Tran

JRC:
>Sometimes I wonder what would happen if every religion on
>earth decided to issue a proclamation - saying that for
>the course of but one single year, everyone ought to
>completely forget about loving "God", or "Humanity", and
>focus instead completely on attempting - for that one
>single year - to love just *one* other person ... but to
>love that person as well and completely as was humanly
>possible.

Great point there.  Remember the saying that you always hurt the one you
love the most?  It's sometimes easier to be on best behavior while in public
or in a church, and then show your worst face at home.  God is divine.
Humanity is a grand abstract concept.  A personal relationship can be
mundane and sometimes a nuisance.  However, to start at home by
acknowledging the divine in our family members, to love them
unconditionally, be responsive to their needs, to give to them completely,
can be the start of learning how to acknowledge the divine in all living beings.

TTT