Lilith

Dec 29, 1996 05:17 PM
by Ann E. Bermingham

----------
> From: John Straughn <JTarn@envirolink.org>

> >Who is Lilith?
> I've heard her name several times in several circles.  I've been told she
is
> in the Bible as well, but I have yet to run into her name.  I must just
pass
> over it.  I've read that &*$#^ book five times.
>

>From Edgar Cayce, again:

"Sex already existed in the animal kingdom, but the souls, in their thought
forms, were androgynous.  To experience sex  created thought forms for
companions, isolating the negative force in a separate structure, retaining
the positive within themsleves.  This objectifications is what man calls
Lilith, the first woman."

There is a River, by Thomas Sugrue (pg 367)

She was later replaced by Eve, as a companion to Adam.

-AEB