[Brotherhood?]

Dec 13, 1996 06:38 AM
by be94bmp

Hello Brothers and Sisters,

I'm new to this list and I'm truly glad that we have it. However, I've read a
number of the threads which sadden me. I've been a member of the TS here in
the UK for about 2 years now and I've never come across this type of thing.
There seems to be a lot of anger there in the US about something and I don't
know what. Call me naive but I thought theosophy was all about brotherhood
[read sisterhood too!], regardless of whether you are a member of the TS or
not, and yet I hear all these arguments about "who's the true theosophist?"
Surely a "true theosophist" wouldn't even contemplate such questions since
that might be considered egotism,might it not?!
Also, I realise from the start that my mental apparatus isn't in the same
category as some of those on this list and so perhaps my philosophical
arguments may be weak compared,but might I suggest that the questions about
whether men or women are superior are in fact irrelevant. For those
further on the Path than most I think personality can be quite a destructive
thing and I can quite imagine that those who suggest one or the other as
being superior are simply expressing the active and passive principles in the
most natural way according to their natures, though it may not be what they
actually know to be the Truth.
Finally,I'd like to ask the group what they believe to be insanity. Someone
suggested that to believe that there is nothing to perceive in Truth  -
please forgive me if those aren't the exact words,[it seems there is a
tendency for some people get easily offended by not getting it exactly
correct and go for the throat and consequently waste other people's time on
meaningless arguments] - but this is what I believe. If I am "insane" then
what of the Universal Mind - does it perceive anything at all, if not is It
insane? If it is, what does this mean for the rest of us?!!
Thank you for bearing with me on this long post.

Namaste!

With Love and Light we can heal the World

Ben