TS into the next century

Oct 19, 1996 10:22 AM
by liesel f. deutsch

Ann,

I agree with everything you say. Add to it to bring nomenclature up to date,
not only male/female, but also the sanskrit terms, which don't mean much to
a beginner, and need to be thoroughly explained... the concepts are more
important than the terms. Add to it to make the TS more accessible to young
people (like not making them wait for 2 years to be able to vote, and if you
insist on that, do some training in those 2 years which would better qualify
them to vote ie know something about theosophy. Also don't make elections
into a sham.) Don't keep all the goodies at Olcott, but make sure they reach
the Lodges. ie have lots better communication between Olcott and the field.
Try to eliminate bickering between factions. I'm as tired of defending CWL
as others on this list are of defending AAB. Sure there's more I can't think
of as of the moment.

Liesel