Re: on AAB; race and homophobia (Bart)

Oct 14, 1996 05:42 PM
by CDGertrude

> In message <326191B2.7C36@sprynet.com>, Bart Lidofsky
> <bartl@sprynet.com> writes
> >Dr. A.M.Bain wrote:
> >>
> >> There used to to be the quaint (IMO) view among theosophists that
> >> homosexuals (m or f) were transiting from one sex to another betweeen
> >> incarnations ...
> >
> >Would be as good an explanation of transsexuality as I've ever heard.
>
> Hallo - what's this?  No one mentioned transsexuality. Have you been
> wandering around my web pages?  :-)
> >
> >I, personally, did not have the choice of homosexuality available to me.
>
> In general terms, neither do homosexuals.
>
> >It is my suspicion that those who show open hatred of homosexuality DO
> >have the ability to make that choice, and it scares the hell out of
> >them.
>
> .. ie., homophobia.
> >
> Alan
> ---------
> Homepage: http://www.nellie2.demon.co.uk/
> THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL: Ancient Wisdom for a New Age:
> TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk, and from homepage above.

I tend to agree.  Most homophobiacs appear to be running from their own
leanings.  They are frightened...actually scared shitless....to even
acknowledge...that they themselves might be homosexual!

On the other hand, what does this topic have to do with theosophy?

I'd just as soon not see a flame war started here!
Gertrude the Churchmouse