Re: Sexism

Oct 09, 1996 05:13 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <Pine.OSF.3.95.961009074945.2228B-100000@selway.umt.edu>, JRC
<jrcecon@selway.umt.edu> writes
>On Wed, 9 Oct 1996, Maurice de Montaine wrote:
>>
>>      By the bye, perhaps we should admonish the Masters of the Great
>> White BROTHERHOOD also for daring to use such a gender specific name.
>> The name, of course, was chosen by the Brotherhood itself at a
>> specific period in the history of our planet and not by Blavatsky,
>> the Theosophists, the Rosicrucians or any other. This illustrious
>> Brotherhood contains within its ranks and offices those of both
>> genders. It does not discriminate, nor does it do away with
>> legitimate gender specific terms to appease ignorant humanity. And it
>> still retains the name as well as valid gender specific language to
>> this very day. There, at least, sanity reigns.
>>
>WOW! I wonder how you know that?

He possibly belongs to it, my dear sibling, or has direct contact with
its members, my good man! (I wonder if any of them are *gay* - foolish
attempt at humor, slaps own wrist).

>Please give the list a chance Kym ... not all the men on it speak down to
>women as badly as that post does, and many agree either in part or wholly
>with your sentiments regarding the use of language.
>                                                               -JRC

Amen. JRC, like myself, is a member of Theosophy International, which
promotes the use of gender inclusive language.  I edited one of my own
works to see if it could be done with a lengthy manuscript.  I
succeeded.

Alan :-)
---------
Homepage: http://www.nellie2.demon.co.uk/
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL: Ancient Wisdom for a New Age:
TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk, and from homepage above.