Re: Spiritual discrimination

Oct 09, 1996 08:51 AM
by Drpsionic

Max,
As you can imagine, purity of any kind and I don't usually get in the same
building together.  I suppose I'm one of those who believe in going after
knowledge and damning the cost along with the torpedoes.  But I also know
lots of thelemites and find them to radiate more love and light than an equal
number my theosophical brethren.  They are infinitely less judgemental and if
one needs help are more likely to give the help than lectures about karma.
The unfortunate fact is that the more I examine much of what is called the
ageless wisdom, I find it to be neither ageless nor particularly wise.  It is
the old problem of what is true and digging for that leads us to many
different tunnels and we gain nothing by damning those tunnels that, for
whatever reason, don't particularly appeal to us.  For example, I rather like
Crowley and I absolutely despise Christianity.  But in my calmer moments
(they occur about twice a year) I will admit that the christian probably has
some element of truth in his belief, though for the life of me I can't see
where it could be.
Therefore, before this thing turns into another of our list screaming
matches, let us agree to disagree on Crowley because clearly neither side is
going to convince the other.

Chuck the Heretic