Chela selection

Oct 03, 1996 06:21 AM
by Lewis Lucas

 "Einar Adalsteinsson & A.S.B." <annasb@ismennt.is> wrote:
>...evolving hierarchy of guru-chela relationships. Seen from the top the
>master always chooses the chela according to his ability to understand
>and endure the lerning processes involved. This is a totally
>different...

Yes, it is totally different from what I have heard. It was my
understanding that the chela "chooses" the master or more accurately
"forces" the master to accept the chela. It is our efforts on their
behalf which form the link. The devotion of the student to the
teacher is not "imposed" from above, but forged from "below".

Lewis

Lewis Lucas
Chestatee Regional Library System
Gainesville, Georgia (USA)