Voice

Aug 31, 1996 10:13 AM
by liesel f. deutsch

>  Perhaps the mad houses are full of people overwhelmed by past life
>memories and psychological rememnants pushing there way into the present.
>Maybe it is best to look forward to humanity as a whole rather than dwelling
>self-centeredly on a so-called "past life".

I'm sure people have been overwhelmed by past memories. But sometimes it's
necessary to look back to explain the past to yourself before you can go
forward. It's one of those instances where one needs to find the Buddha's
Middle Way, ie when to just go forweard, when to look back. I think
sometimes one can look backward on one's own, and sometimes one needs to do
it with the help of a therapist. I think the individual person is the best
judge of when to use what route.

Liesel